8. Continue working on the external monitor without ease
Working with the external monitor is getting easier with Windows 11. You can arrange for the apps to be shown on the external monitor as you please. And when you disconnect the external monitor, Windows will minimize all apps automatically. Once you reconnect your computer with the external monitor, Windows will place all apps back to where you left off.
This will save your time from rearranging the apps on your external monitor.
Just reconnect to your external monitor and you are on the go.
Go to System > Display > Multiple Displays to set up this feature.
9. More apps to come in the new Windows Store
Microsoft is rebuilding its Windows Store to fit the users’ needs. They also want to improve the safety against viruses that usually come from the apps installed on unknown websites. So, whenever you want to install apps from a website, just click the Windows Store badge and the installation window will pop up on your browser. You can install the app without leaving your browser.
The new Windows Store looks more responsive and simpler now. It provides awesome apps like Zoom, Visual Studio Code, Adobe Creative Cloud, and more to improve your productivity. Or, just finding entertainment apps like Disney+, Spotify, Netflix, and more.
Interestingly, you can also easily download Android apps and games to run on your computer.
10. More touch gestures to control apps
These Windows 11 updates also bring more touch gestures that help you switch the apps and desktop smoothly. You can use up to four fingers to control the apps through the touchpad. With these additional touch gestures, you probably no longer need an additional mouse.
Here are some controls that you can do with three and four-finger gestures on your touchpad.
- Swiping left/right – quickly switch to the last used app window.
- Swiping down – go back to the desktop (if you follow it with a swiping up, you can restore the app windows).
- Swiping up – open Task View to browse all app windows and desktops.
- Swiping left/right – switch to the previous/next desktop.
- Swiping up/down – (same with three-finger ones).
11. Type faster by speaking your words
Tired of typing your words? Why don’t you say them and let Windows 11 types your words for you?
Voice typing launcher is an underrated app that many people ignore. In fact, this is a good app that can help you finish your writing faster.
Knowing this fact, Windows 11 brings updates to the voice typing launcher.
The voice typing launcher now is getting better at recognizing the words you say. It instantly types all words and sentences you speak with a little delay.
Press the Windows button + H to turn on this feature and you can place the mic everywhere you want on your screen.
Click the mic icon and you are ready to speak your words.
Windows 11 release date
When will Windows 11 come out? Microsoft has finally announced that Windows 11 will be available on October 5, 2021. It means Windows 11 will be released 15 days faster than the previous rumor that said it would be coming on October 20, 2021.
Well, it’s good news. The sooner, the better isn’t it?
On that day, everyone whose PC and laptop with eligible Windows 10 will receive the free Windows 11 updates. Also, the computers with Windows 11 installed will also be available in the market.
So, you can either wait for the Windows 11 update notification to pop up on your screen or purchase a new one.
Even though Windows 11 will officially roll out on October 5, there would be a case when you receive it later. Why? Microsoft will prioritize the newest compatible devices to receive the updates. Those devices will be offered the upgrade first. After that, it will roll out to the next eligible computers.
Is your PC compatible with Windows 11?
You might think that your PC is compatible with Windows 11 because currently you have Windows 10 running on your computer and it doesn’t have any problem at all.
You are not completely wrong. But, it’s not completely right either. So, before you upgrade your operating system from Windows 10 to Windows 11, please make sure that your PC meets the minimum requirements.
Check on the table below to see the minimum requirements.
|Processor||1 GHz or faster with 2 or more cores (64-bit)|
|HDD/SSD||64 GB or more|
|System firmware||UEFI, Secure Boot capable|
|Graphics card||DirectX 12|
|Display||720p (HD), at least 9-inch diagonal|
Or, you can also go to Settings > Windows Update > select Check for updates to see if Windows 11 is ready for your device.
Once, everything is set, you’re safe to upgrade to Windows 11.
You can also check the list of compatible laptops below. If your laptop is on the list, you will get the Windows 11 update once it’s released.
- Acer Swift 5 (SF514-55)
- Acer Swift X (SFX14-41G)
- Asus Zenbook Flip 13 OLED UX363
- Asus Zenbook 14 UX425
- Alienware x15
- Alienware x17
- Dell XPS 13
- HP Spectre x360 14
- HP ENVY x360 15
- 2-in-1 Lenovo Yoga 7 convertible series
- Lenovo Yoga Slim 7i Pro series
- Samsung Galaxy Book Pro
- Galaxy Book Pro 360
- Surface Pro 7
- Surface Laptop 4
How to download Windows 11 on your PC
What you are going to download is the Windows 11 Inside Preview. Please be aware that it is not the final version and is designed for testing purposes only. There are big chances that you will encounter errors and bugs, and some features are not working properly. Check on this article to see the list of errors. Thus, we don’t recommend you install Windows 11 Insides Preview on your main PC.
After knowing that, do you still eager to download Windows 11 updates on your PC? If so, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program to sign up for the program.
- Click Register and Sign Up. If you are part of the Windows Insider community, just sign in to your account and choose Start flighting.
- Read the Privacy Statement and terms and click Submit.
- In the Insider settings, choose Dev Channel and click Confirm.
- Read the Microsoft Insider Privacy Statement and Agreement and choose Confirm.
- Click Restart Now to reboot your computer to the Insider Preview build.
- After booting, connect your PC to the internet.
- Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- The download progress will start immediately. Wait until it’s complete and you can install the update to try Windows 11 Insider Preview on your PC.
- Microsoft Office 2019 & Office 365 Review
- Grammarly App: Check Your Grammar and Spelling for Free
- Calendly App: Your Best Schedule Organizer