This guide will teach you how to install and update the Realtek audio driver to fix the audio issue in Windows 11.
Did you just upgrade to Windows 11 and lost the audio completely? Or, did Windows 11 not install the Realtek audio driver properly?
If you just upgraded to Windows 11 and lost the audio completely, don’t worry! This is not a problem with your hardware, it’s a driver issue.
One of the most common issues with Windows 11 is that it doesn’t have a driver for your audio card.
So what can you do?
Well if you’re using Windows 11, then all you need to do is manually install or upgrade the audio driver to the latest version of Windows 11.
Let’s get started!
How to Install Realtek Audio Driver in Windows 11
1. Open your browser and visit the Intel page to download Realtek Audio Driver for Windows 11.
2. Scroll down and click Download aud_win10_64_6.0.8716.1.zip. The file size is 239.6 MB.
3. Click I accept the terms in the license agreement to confirm.
4. Once the Realtek audio driver is downloaded, locate the file.
To find it quickly, you can press Ctrl + J simultaneously to go to the Downloads window and click Show in folder.
5. Extract aud_win10_64_6.0.8716.1.zip.
6. Open the folder and scroll down to find Setup. Double click to run the setup.
7. Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the Realtek audio driver installation in Windows 11.
8. Restart your PC.
How to Update Realtek Audio Driver in Windows 11
1. Click Start and type Device Manager. Select Device Manager from the list of results.