The crying filter is a new trend on Instagram, TikTok, and Snapchat that has become a hit.
It is hilarious to see people’s reactions when they see themselves with a crying face.
Some people are taking the trend seriously and are using it to shed some tears, while others just want to laugh at themselves.
If you’re not into the whole “selfie” thing, this is perfect for you. It’s also great for when you’re feeling down and need a good laugh.
Follow the instructions in this post to use crying filter on Instagram, TikTok, or Snapchat and see how your friends react to it.
How to Use Crying Filter on Instagram
1. Tap the Instagram app to open it.
2. Tap the plus (+) button at the top right and select Reel. Later on, the video will be posted in your Reel feed.
3. Tap Effects above the record button to go to the filter library on your Instagram.
4. In the filter library, tap the magnifying glass icon on the left and type in “crying” in the search box. You’ll see various kinds of crying filters on your Instagram.
5. Select the crying filter that you want to use. The chosen crying effect will appear on your screen, replacing the main record button. Tap on the crying filter button to start recording your video with the crying effect applied.
6. Tap Preview to see the result of your video. You can also add music, texts, and stickers to your reel. I suggest that you use current trending music to attract more viewers.
7. Once you’ve finished editing your video, select Next at the bottom right to share the video.
8. Write down the caption or description of your video. You can use popular hashtags in the caption to ensure that your video is easily found and displayed in the explorer.
If any of your friends appear in the reel, you can tag or make them the contributor so that it appears in their feed as well.
Once everything is set, hit Share to post your video or reels on your Instagram account.
How to Use Crying Filter on Snapchat
1. Open the Snapchat app and select the magnifying glass icon at the top left.
2. Type in “crying” in the search box and the list of results will appear on your screen.
3. Select the crying filter on Snapchat that you will use for your video.
4. The selected crying filter will replace the recording button. It will show up at the bottom center of your screen. Press on it to start recording your video.
5. Once done, you can save it to your Memories or Camera roll.
If you save it before posting your video, you can share it on other social media platforms that don’t support the crying effect.
Snapchat would ask for permission to access your camera roll if you meant to save it.
How to Use Crying Filter on TikTok
Unfortunately, the trending TikTok crying filter is not a native effect. This effect is not available on TikTok yet.
If you still want to use the crying filter on TikTok, simply create it on your Instagram or Snapchat app. Follow the instructions above and save the video before you share it.
After that, follow the steps below:
1. Open the TikTok app after you’ve created the video you want with the crying filter on Instagram or Snapchat.
2. Choose the video from the Camera Roll or Gallery on your phone and tap Next.
3. Tap Post to upload the video to your account.
Add a description or caption and hashtags to your video.
Below are some videos that use crying filter on TikTok.
So, those were how to use the crying filter on Instagram, TikTok, or Snapchat. Did you have fun?