Try to reset your Apple ID password when you have a sign-in problem.
Apple ID is the account that you use to sign in to your Apple devices and services like iCloud, Apple Music, App Store, iMessage, FaceTime, and more. Without it, you won’t be able to use any services on Apple. Moreover, you won’t be able to purchase or download items on your Apple devices.
Due to its importance, you have to keep your Apple ID and password secure. You must not share your Apple ID and password with anyone because it contains a lot of important data such as your credit card and address.
In case you forgot your Apple ID password, there are 4 simple ways to get it back. Learn the tutorials in the section below.
4 Methods to Reset Your Apple ID Password
Method 1: Use your Apple devices
iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Apple Watch
Note: If you use Apple Watch, it should have watchOS 8 or later.
1. Go to Settings > your name > Password & Security > Change Password.
2. Insert the passcode if you have a passcode enabled and are signed in to iCloud.
3. Follow the instructions on your screen to reset your password.
Mac with macOS Catalina or above
1. Click the Apple logo at the top left.
2. Select System Preferences and click Apple ID.
3. Select Password & Security.
4. Click Forgot Apple ID or password if you are asked to enter your Apple ID password.
5. Follow the onscreen steps.
6. Click Change Password and type your new password.
Method 2: Use others’ Apple devices
The Apple Support app or the Find My iPhone app allows you to reset your Apple ID password using your friend’s iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Use the Apple Support app
1. Download the Apple Support app on your friend’s iPhone or iPad.
2. Open the Apple Support app.
3. Press Password & Security.
4. Press Reset Apple ID password.
5. Press Get Started > A different Apple ID.