Here’s a guide to learn how to reset Windows 11 to Factory settings.
Why do you need to reset Windows 11 to factory settings?
If you are having issues with your computer that you can’t fix by updating software or changing settings, then you might need to reset Windows 11 to factory settings.
Factory Resetting will wipe all of your data from your computer and make it like new again. This can be helpful if you’re selling or giving away your computer, or if you want to give someone else access to your account without letting them know your login information.
How to Reset Windows 11 to Factory Settings
1. Right-click the Start menu and select Settings.
2. On the left pane, select System.
3. Scroll down and select Recovery.
4. Next to Reset this PC, select Reset PC.
5. Choose one of the following options:
- Keep my files: It allows you to remove the apps and reset the configurations to the factory settings, and keep all your personal files.
- Remove everything: It deletes all your personal files, apps, and restores the settings to default.
6. Choose how you would like to reinstall your Windows 11:
- Cloud download: It allows you to download and reinstall Windows.
- Local reinstall: It allows you to reinstall Windows 11 on your computer.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
8. Click Reset to restore Windows 11 to factory settings. Then, wait until the process is completed.
I can’t factory reset my Windows 11
If you face an error when trying to factory reset your Windows 11 PC, try several things below to solve the problem.
1. Disk Cleanup
If your computer insists that you cannot factory reset Windows 11 due to not enough space, you can try Disk Cleanup to delete the files you no longer need on your drive.