This article will focus on how to optimize your Surface Pro or laptop battery life to help you get the most out of your device.
The Surface Pro and the Laptop are two of the most popular portable computers that have been used for many years. They are both powered by lithium-ion batteries, which can be charged to last up to a few hours before they need to be recharged.
The Surface Pro and Laptop Battery is the heart of your laptop. It powers the device, and without it, you would be completely stranded. Keeping your battery healthy is a good way to make sure that you are never left without power.
What are the Benefits of Maintaining a Healthy Surface Pro or Laptop Battery?
One of the benefits of maintaining a healthy surface pro or laptop battery is that it will last longer. This means that you will not have to worry about charging your device as often as you would if it had a weak battery.
Not only does this save time, but it also saves money on electricity costs because you won’t be running the battery all day long just so that you can use your laptop for an hour or two. There are many other benefits to keeping your Surface Pro or Laptop Battery healthy, but these are just a few of them.
What you need to know about Lithium-ion batteries
Lithium-ion batteries are the most often utilized type of battery in portable electronics nowadays. These batteries charge quickly, discharge slowly, and offer a high energy density, allowing for compact cell sizes. This makes them excellent for Surface devices, where Microsoft seeks the greatest battery life possible in the smallest form factor feasible.
Here are some facts about Lithium-ion batteries:
- Lithium-ion batteries often lose capacity after a few charge/discharge cycles. This means shorter charging times and less battery capacity.
- When using your gadget, keep the battery below 50%. This will reduce battery cell degeneration.
- Surface devices offer battery protection features. Keeping your device updated with the newest driver and firmware is the greatest approach to extending battery life.
Top 8 Tips to Optimize Your Surface Pro or Laptop Battery Life
1. Keep your battery healthy
Try to keep your battery at a 50% charge as often as possible. This will help preserve the capacity of your battery over time.
2. Use your Surface’s Power Saving Mode
Enable power-saving mode on your laptop, which will lower the brightness of your screen and decrease CPU speed when you’re not using it.
There are three types of power-saving modes that are available on Surface laptops:
- Battery Smart Charging: It protects your battery from damaging charging patterns and excessive temperatures that might cause damage or expansion. Battery Smart Charging is always on and limits battery charging capacity when your smartphone is plugged in for too long or used in hot weather. Battery smart charging is disabled when the battery is 20% drained.
- Battery Limit Mode: It allows consumers to keep devices plugged in for longer periods of time. Long-term charging can prematurely age and degrade batteries. When engaged, this feature reduces battery aging and extends battery life by 50%.
- Battery Lifespan Saver: It helps protect your battery from the cumulative impacts of repeated operation at high temperatures or charge levels. Battery Smart Charging is enhanced by this feature. If certain situations are identified, Battery Lifespan Saver reduces the charging voltage permanently. However, by preventing conditions that would normally accelerate deterioration, severely lower capacity, or cause cell expansion, you can extend the battery’s lifespan.