Here’s how to install Windows 11 Pro on your PC using a Bootable USB flash drive.
Should I update to Windows 11 Pro?
Windows 11 has been launched recently, and it is an upgrade from Windows 10. It comes with many new features and improvements that are aimed to make the user experience better.
If you are looking for a better, more productive, and more secure operating system, you should definitely update to Windows 11 Pro.
The new Windows 11 has many new features that will make your life easier. It has a better interface, more productivity tools, and an improved security system. You will also be able to use Microsoft Office 365 on it which means that you won’t need to buy Microsoft Office separately anymore.
There are several features that are only available in Windows 11 Pro that are not available in Windows 11 Home, such as:
- Mobile device management
- BitLocker device encryption
- Windows Sandbox
- Join Active Directory/Azure AD
- Windows Update for Business
- and many more.
Also, Windows 11 Pro supports RAM up to 2 TB and a maximum number of CPU cores up to 128.
So, if you are planning to have a beast PC, install Windows 11 Pro.
In this post, we’ll share how to download and install Windows 11 Pro on your PC.
How to Download and Install Windows 11 Pro on Your PC
What should I prepare?
Here are several things you need to prepare before installing Windows 11 Pro.
- A reliable and fast internet connection
- Enough hard drive space to save the Windows iso file that you will download.
- A flash drive with at least 8GB (16GB is preferable). It’s required to make a bootable disc. Make sure it’s empty because it will be formatted.
Windows 11 Pro system requirements
Before installing Windows 11 Pro, you need to make sure that your PC meets the minimum system requirements below.
If you are unsure about your computer’s specifications, you can use the Windows 11 Health Check app to find out. The app will assist you in determining your computer’s compatibility.
However, the Windows 11 Health Check app will not asses your graphics card or display.
|Processor||1 GHz or higher with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)|
|RAM||4 GB or higher|
|HDD/SDD||64 GB or higher|
|System firmware||UEFI, Secure Boot capable. Visit this page for the details.|
|TPM||Version 2.0 Visit the enable TPM page for the details.|
|Graphics card||Compatible with DirectX 12 or higher with WDDM 2.0 driver.|
|Display||720p HD display.|
To learn more about the feature-specific requirements, visit this page.
How to Create a Windows 11 Bootable USB Flash Drive
1. Visit Microsoft to download Windows 11 Pro installation media.
2. Under the Create Windows 11 Installation Media section, click Download Now. The Media Creation Tool will allow you to create a bootable USB drive with Windows 11 on it.
3. After the downloading is completed, click on it to run the app.
4. Click Accept the term of the agreement.
5. Select the language and the Windows 11 edition. For the edition, scroll down to choose Windows 11 and click Next.
6. Plug in your USB flash drive that has been formatted to your PC and click USB flash drive to create a bootable Windows 11 installer. Then, click Next.
7. You will see your USB flash drive on the list, then click Next.
8. Windows 11 will start installing. Click Finish when it’s done.
After you’ve created the bootable USB flash drive, you can get started on preparing the computer to install Windows 11 Pro.
Make sure you back up all data on your computer before your start because your hard drive will be wiped out.
How to Install Windows 11 Pro on Your PC
1. Plug in your bootable USB flash drive to your computer and power it on.
2. Your computer will boot from the USB flash drive. Then, choose the language, time and currency format, and keyboard or input method. Click Next.
3. Click Install now.
4. On the activation window, insert the Windows 11 Pro product key. Check the Windows activation key on your email if you purchase the digital copy or on the label in the box if you buy the hard copy. Then, click Next.
If you don’t have the Windows activation key at the moment, select I don’t have a product key at the bottom. You can activate Windows once the installation is completed.
5. Select Windows 11 Pro and click Next.
6. Select Custom: Install Windows only (advanced) as you will install it from the USB flash drive.