Perform a factory reset on your AirPods and AirPods Pro to fix issues.
A factory reset can be one of the most effective ways to resolve issues with your AirPods and AirPods Pro, particularly those involving audio, connectivity, and the system.
When you do a factory reset, you will erase the settings and configurations that you have made earlier. It also means that you will restore your AirPods and AirPods Pro to the condition they were in when you first took them out of the box.
After resetting your headset, you must reconfigure it and reconnect it to your iPhone, iPad, or other devices before using it again.
It is easy to perform a factory reset on your AirPods and AirPods Pro. Check this out!
How to Factory Reset Your AirPods & AirPods Pro
1. Take your AirPods into the case, close the lid, and charge it.
2. Leave your AirPods charging for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
3. Open the lid of your AirPods case while it’s still being charged. Leave your AirPods seated in the case.
4. Take your iPhone or iPad that is connected to the AirPods.
5. Tap Settings > Bluetooth and select More Info next to your AirPods. If you cannot find your AirPods on Bluetooth, skip to the next step.
6. Select Forget This Device, and confirm if prompted. It will remove your AirPods and AirPods Pro from your iPhone or iPad.
7. With the lid case still open, press and hold the button at the back of the case for 20 seconds. You’ll see the light changing from yellow to white.
8. Connect your AirPods back to your iPhone/iPad.
Connect your AirPods and AirPods Pro to your iPhone or iPad
After you have successfully factory reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro, it’s time to reconnect them to your iOS devices.
1. Grab your iPhone/iPad and go to the Home screen.
2. Place your AirPods near your iPhone or iPad while the case lid is open and charging. Then, you’ll see an animation on your device.
3. Select Connect.
4. If you are using AirPods Pro, AirPods (2nd generation), or AirPods (3rd generation) and you have activated “Hey Siri” on your iOS devices, then “Hey Siri” is also activated on your AirPods.
If you haven’t activated “Hey Siri” on your iPhone/iPad, then you need to set it up before using it on your AirPods.
5. Select Done.
If you are signed in to iCloud when you set up your device, your AirPods and AirPods Pro will be added to your account.
Read Other iOS Devices Tips: