To prevent your data from being lost, we suggest you back up your iPhone to your iCloud or computer regularly. It’s pretty easy to do. We’ll guide you on how to do it step by step.
One benefit of backing up your iPhone is, you can use the backup file to transfer your information to your new device.
Without further ado, let’s learn how to back up your iPhone to iCloud or computer.
How to Back up iPhone to iCloud or Computer
Back up iPhone to iCloud
1. Open Settings
2. Tap your name
3. Tap iCloud
4. Select iCloud Backup
5. Turn on iCloud Backup
From now on, the iCloud will automatically back up the data on your iPhone when your device is connected to power, Wi-Fi, or being locked.
To do a manual backup on iCloud, just tap Back Up Now.
If your device supports 5G network, you may be able to back up your iPhone via the cellular network. To do this, navigate to Settings > your name > iCloud > iCloud Backup and turn on Backup Over Cellular.
If you want to see your iCloud backups, go to Settings > your name > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups. It is also possible to remove a backup file that is no longer needed. Select the backup that you want to delete and tap Delete Backup.
Back up iPhone to Mac using Finder
Note: macOS 10.15 or later is required.
1. Connect iPhone and your computer with a cable.
2. Open the Finder by pressing Cmd + N.
3. Select your iPhone on the left pane and click Trust (If it is the first time you connect your iPhone to your Mac).
4. Go to the top of the Finder window, select General.
5. Click on Back up all of the data on your iPhone to this Mac.
6. Choose Encrypt local backup if you want to secure your backup data with a password.
7. Type a password and verify your password. Then, hit Set Password.
8. Select Back Up Now.
9. Enter your passcode on your iPhone and the backup will start immediately.