The following list of Google Chrome extensions will help you convert PDFs into various formats, including JPG, PNG, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word documents.
One of the most popular workflows in the design industry is taking a PDF and converting it to a digital file format. Finding a way to do this can be difficult for some designers, but luckily there are extensions that make this job much easier.
The Google Chrome extensions that we are going to share provide a free service for converting PDF files. But the features are limited. You need to go Pro in order to get unlimited access to the advanced features.
So, in this post, you will learn:
- which PDF converter tool you should use,
- the advanced features each PDF converter tool offered,
- how to convert PDF to documents and images.
Let’s dive right in!
6 Best Google Chrome Extensions to Help You Convert PDF to JPG, PNG, Excel, PowerPoint, & Word
1. Convertio – Best PDF Conversion Tool
Convertio is more than just a PDF converter. Not only it is capable of converting PDF to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or JPG, but it’s also able to convert other types of files like videos, audio, images, fonts, archives, and ebooks.
So, it’s no wonder that Convertio is pretty popular as a converter tool. Plus, it has a simple and easy-to-use user interface.
To convert PDF to Word in Convertio, you just need to drop the files to the black dialog box or click Choose Files. Then, choose the destination format file that you desire. Next, press the Convert button and your files will be ready within minutes.
Convertio offers a free service with a 100 MB maximum file size. If you need more space, you need to upgrade your account to premium. Scroll down to see the Convertio pricing.
Convertio is available as a Google Chrome extension as a shortcut. So, whenever you need to convert PDF, video, audio, or other types of files, you can do it instantly.
Here are some benefits of Convertio that you will get:
- Support 300+ file formats: Convertio is not only able to convert PDF to JPG, Words, Excel, or PNG, but it’s also able to convert video, audio, font, archive, and even ebook.
- Simple and fast: Just drag and drop the file and click convert. Your file will be ready within minutes.
- Cloud storage: It won’t take any space of your local storage as the conversion is done in the cloud.
- It’s safe: Convertio will delete all files you’ve uploaded, including the converted ones, after 24 hours.
- Custom settings: you can adjust the settings according to your need.
- Big support for various devices: Convertio is browser-based platform and it means you can open it from any devices without installing any software.
|File size||500 MB||1 GB||Unlimited|
|Conversion minutes per day||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Conversion time per file||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
If you use a PDF converter service pretty often, we suggest you pay it annually rather than monthly because Convertio offers up to 40% safe with annual plans.
To give you a picture, the following is how much you have to pay when you choose to purchase annually:
- Light Plan: from $9.99 becomes $5.99
- Basic Plan: from $14.99 becomes $8.99
- Unlimited Plan: from $25.99 becomes $15.58
2. Smallpdf – Best for Teams
Need to convert as well as combine and compress PDF files? Try Smallpdf.
Smallpdf is a free and easy-to-use tool that allows you to convert a PDF to a Word document, an Excel spreadsheet, or a PowerPoint presentation.
Not only able to convert a PDF to other editable Word documents, you can also merge or combine multiple PDFs into one document, sign a PDF document, and compress the size to be smaller without losing the quality.
Smallpdf also provides editing tools that allow you to annotate, add text, shapes, and images to your PDF files. This feature is quite useful for teachers as you can write feedbacks directly on your students’ PDF docs.
Here are other features of Smallpdf that will be useful for you:
- Protect PDF: Your PDF contains important and top secret information? Just add password and encrypt your PDF file.
- Sign your PDF: It allows you to sign directly on a PDF file effortlessly. And you can request people to sign it.
- Split PDF: Only need certain pages from the PDF? Use split feature to extract the exact pages you need and save them as a separate PDF.
- Compres PDF: It lets you to resize the PDF files to be smaller without reducing the quality.
- Work for teams: Smallpdf supports collaborative work that allows you to work in group up to 50 people.
Do you want to test how good it is? Try Smallpdf for free then. As a free user, you will have access to all 21 Smallpdf tools, but you can only convert PDF up to 2 files per day. Otherwise, you have to upgrade to premium.
Smallpdf offers 3 types of premium plans:
|Price per month||$12 (or $9 billed yearly)||$10 (or $ 7 per user, billed yearly)||Custom|
If all you need is just a PDF converter, then check Smart PDF.
Smart PDF is a tool that focuses on converting PDF to JPG, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and vice versa.
Unlike Convertio or Smallpdf that provides editing tools and support various types of file, Smart PDF is straightforward.
Smart PDF values your privacy. They claimed that they don’t store files on their server and will delete them when you close the window.
For quick access, you can get the Smart PDF Chrome extension on your browser.
To convert PDF, you can click on the extension icon and choose the destination formats: JPG, Word, Excel, and PPT. Next, you will be taken to the conversion page. Drag and drop your file to the dialog box and hit Convert. Your file will be ready in a blink.
Here are some benefits you’ll get when using Smart PDF:
- Simple to use: Just drag and drop the file that you want to convert and it will be ready within seconds.
- Cheap: It’s because Smart PDF only focuses on converting PDF files to documents and images.
- Secure: Smart PDF doesn’t keep your files and delete them right after you close the window
- Cloud Storage: If you need to keep your PDF file future usage you can use the cloud storage service, but it’s only for the premium accounts.
Smart PDF Pricing
There are only two plans available: Free and Premium.
|Upload size||20 MB||Unlimited|
|Task per day||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Sync with mobile||No||Yes|
- 20 Must-Have Chrome Extensions to Increase Your Productivity in 2021
- Install Chrome OS Flex to Revive Your Old Windows PC and Mac
iLovePDF is an online service that allows you to convert PDF documents online for free. It converts PDF files into editable text and lets you convert them back to PDFs, too.
Furthermore, there are lots of useful tools that you can use to edit and custom your PDF files. The tools allow you to add watermark, rotate, split, merge, protect, sign, and even repair corrupt PDFs.