1. Download Mastodon app on your device or visit the official website.
2. Launch Mastodon app and select Get started.
3. Select a server based on your interests, regional, or a general purpose and click Next.
4. Read the rules and click Next.
5. Insert your desired Display Name, Username, email, and password. Then, click Next.
6. Mastodon will email you to verify your account. Click Open email app and click the verification link.
Once you’ve verified your account, you can start tooth your posts. You can read the section below to know how to use Mastodon app.
How to Use Mastodon
Mastodon is easy to use like Twitter. In fact, some features are quite similar.
You have 500 characters to express yourself. It gives you more space than Twitter, which limits you to 280 characters.
Sharing links is also possible with Mastodon. You can easily share links such as articles, videos, or anything else with your friends, though it will be counted as 23 characters, no matter how long the links are.
You can also mention other users by typing their full addresses like email addresses. For example, @applicati[email protected]. It may be quite long compared to Twitter.
Hashtags are also needed if you want your post to be discoverable easily. The hashtags can include alphanumeric characters and underscores but cannot contain only numbers.
Adding polls and attaching files to your post are also feasible. You can include up to four PNG, JPG, or GIF images in a single post. Besides, you can upload videos in MP4, M4V, MOV, and WebM formats up to 40 MB. Not to mention attaching audio.
Last but not least, Mastodon allows you to set up your privacy. You can choose who is able to read your posts: Public, Unlisted, or Followers-only. You decide!
Interested in using Mastodon? Download the app and create your account for free before RIP Twitter.