Easily record and share your screen with a Loom screen recorder. Install on Mac, Windows, iOS, Android & Chrome. Capture moments effortlessly!
Loom is a free screen recorder that lets you record your screen, webcam, and audio, and share the recording with anyone with a link. It’s perfect for creating product demos, giving feedback, or simply sharing your thoughts with others.
In this blog post, I’ll show you how to download and install Loom on your macOS, Windows, iOS, Android device, or Chrome browser for free.
How to Download and Install Loom Screen Recorder on Your Device
macOS and Windows
- Click the download button above or go to the Loom website.
- Sign up with your Google account or work email and then click Continue.
- Click the Loom App button in the top right corner of the website.
- Select the download link that corresponds to your device’s operating system: Windows or Mac.
- Once you click the download link, Loom will start downloading the installer/setup file to your device. The Loom installer will probably go to the Download folder on your computer.
- After the download is completed, double-click on the installer to launch it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Loom.
- Once Loom is installed, click the Loom app icon on your desktop (Windows) or in your applications folder (macOS) to open it.
iOS and Android
- Click the download button above to go to the App Store or Play Store.
- Tap on the “Install” button.
- Loom will be downloaded to your device.
- Once Loom is installed, you can open it by tapping on the Loom icon on your home screen.
Download and install Loom Chrome extension as an alternative if you don’t want to install Loom on your desktop or other devices. Loom for Chrome might not be as powerful as Loom for desktop, but it still has basic features like trimming, adding buttons, and removing uhs & ums.
More importantly, Loom for Chrome still keeps the quality to the best. You can still create up to 1080p or 4K video with it.
Follow the steps below to install Loom for Chrome
- Go to the Chrome Web Store website and search for “Loom“.
- Select Loom from the list of results and click “Add to Chrome“
- The Loom Chrome extension will be added to your browser.
- You can now use Loom Chrome extension to record your screen from any web page.
How to Use Loom Screen Recorder
Now that you have installed the Loom screen recorder on your device, you can start to make your own video. You can use it to create a short video tutorial, explanation, etc.
Loom is easy to use. You probably don’t really need guidance to use it. But in case you are new in this field, follow the instructions below to create your first video using the Loom screen recorder.