How’s your day? I hope you had a wonderful day. But, if it wasn’t, here are the 10 best self-care apps that will help you make your day.
In this tough world, being sane and having good mental health is one of the top priorities. As of 2020, 21% of adults in the U.S. face mental illness. It means 1 in 5 adults are having a hard time dealing with depression, anxiety, burnout, stress, OCD, and many more. The reasons that cause them to have mental illness may vary. Pandemic and social media are said to be the most common reasons among others.
In 2020, around 46.2% of adults in the U.S. with mental illness got treatment. It’s good news that they had treatment, but it’s sad that more than 50% of adults in the U.S. still don’t good treatment. And the number can be higher outside the U.S.
Looking at the cases above, it’s safe to say that investing in yourself is the best investment you can make. So, make your mental health and self-care a prime concern. Thanks to the advanced technology we have that allows us to do self-care practices individually to keep our minds healthy.
The simplest thing you can do is to get a self-care app on your phone. So, anytime you feel down, get a panic attack, insecurity, burnout, anxiety, or stress, you can open the app to get yourself together again.
Now, let’s take a look at the 10 best self-care apps you must have in your pocket. And get your smile back to your face again.
What is a self-care app?
A self-care app is an application that will help you get through your hard time. It offers activities based on CBT to help you reduce your stress, anxiety, worry, burnout, insecurity, etc.
Here are what a self-care app can do for you:
- track your moods and get activities to boost your mood,
- write journals to note down your feelings and clear up your heads from negative thoughts,
- practice mindfulness meditation to improve your resilience,
- get motivational quotes to build positive mindset everyday,
- listen to nature sound to help you get better sleep,
- get indepth insights of your mental health,
- and many more.
10 Best Self-Care Apps You Must Have in Your Pocket
1. InnerHour: Self-care therapy – Best App for Good 2020
Let’s start with InnerHour – a self-care app that is useful for anyone who wants to improve themselves developing their inner peace and happiness.
InnerHour is resourceful and informative. There are reading resources about mental health – how to deal with depression, control your stress, conquer your anxiety, manage your anger, and many more. It also provides daily exercises that teach you how to break your bad habits and negative emotions as well as learn to be relaxed.
With InnerHour you can be calmer and happier. It tracks your mood so that you are aware of when you are feeling down or angry. Then, you can find many activities that can help you relax – by practicing deep breathing, feeling gratitude, or increasing your self-esteem. And in the end, you can lift up your head again.
Need someone to talk to? Talk to Allie.
Allie is like your private therapist. It’s an intelligent chatbot that will listen to whatever you say. She’s always there to support and encourage you to make your day.
Benefits & Features:
- Offers different activities everyday to train affirmations, mindfulness, journalling, and many more. The activities are based on the real-life therapy and mental health research.
- Tracks habits and sets goals to measure your progress.
- Helps you improve your self-awareness by tracking your mood and figures out simple solutions to feel better.
- Provides helpful resources so that you can keep learning about mental health.
- Never feels lonely for Allie – the intelligent chatbot – will always be there when you need her the most and listen to your stories.
- Provides self-help courses for more specific issues like overthinking, anxiety, loneliness, and more.
Finding someone that will listen to your stories is pretty hard. There are some reasons: it’s either they are afraid of being judged or they don’t want to make other people worry them too much. It also could be because it’s too embarrassing to be shared.
If you feel that way, try to share your worry with Worrydolls.
Worrydolls is a self-care app that will help you get rid of your worry. You can tell anything to Worrydolls and it will listen mindfully to your stories. It will not judge whatever you feel at the moment. Instead, you will feel accepted and better once you leave your worry to the dolls.
With Worrydolls, you can be less worried about the thoughts that make you feel anxious or overthinking. And finally, you can be happy and smile in the sun again.
You don’t need to keep everything yourself. Just share it with Worrydolls.
Benefits & Features:
- It’s 100% FREE and no ads.
- Removes your worries, anxiety, overthinking, and anything that bothers your mind.
- The app lock will secure everything from people who use the phone.
- Offers better feeling, more calm, happier, being accepted once you share what you are worrying about.
3. Wysa – Best Health App & Care 2020
Do you have too much on your plate? It must be so stressful when you have a lot of things to deal with or worry about. It can cause stress for you and give an impact on your job. Worse, it can affect your relationship with your family.
So, what can you do? Share the thoughts that currently bother you with Wysa without having to worry that you might burden him.
Wysa is an AI therapy chatbot that will listen to whatever you are feeling at the moment. Whenever you are working through some anxiety, overthinking, or just having a bad day, you can talk to Wysa, the best self-care app. No judgment will be given. In fact, the dialogue is quite encouraging to make you want to engage it.
Wysa also works as a self-help app. There are useful exercises to help you calm down when you are got angry or anxious, such as mindfulness meditation, breathing exercise, calming your thoughts, tension relief, and many more.
Once you use Wysa, you’ll end up loving yourself even more. Prove it yourself!
Benefits & Features:
- Practice CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) and DVT techniques to increase your resilience.
- Get in-depth insight of your mental health by connecting it to the Health app.
- Increase your confidence and decrease your self-doubt by exercising core mindfulness for self-esteem.
- Learn to control your thoughts, anxiety, and anger.
- Improve your relationship with your partner, family, and colleagues by practicing gratitude meditation, and conversation in difficult situation.
4. Finch: Self-Care Widget Pet
Have a rough day and need some motivation? Or probably you just want to have a fun activity to relieve your stress? Meet Finch, your best self-care pet app.
Pets like dogs and cats can reduce stress, anxiety, and depression, including ease loneliness (HelpGuide). They never question nor judge you. They are loyal and quite good at understanding our tone of voice and body language. They will always be there whenever you need them. Most importantly, they love us unconditionally.
Unfortunately, not everyone is able to keep a pet at their house. It could be because of your current condition or other external causes that make you unable to have a dog or cat. But when you really need one, you can take Finch as your pet.
As your pet, Finch will help you keep motivated so that you can make your day. It helps by providing enjoyable and mindful activities like meditation, journaling, mood tracking, breathing practice, quizzes, and many more. You will also get insights into your mental health from the activities you did on the Finch self-care app.
Benefits & Features:
- Sets and tracks your goal to learn new habits.
- Creates journals to clear your mind and practice gratitude.
- Practices deep breathing to relax your nerves, improve your concentration, and sleep better.
- Reads motivational quotes to boost your mood.
- Understands your mood so that you know what to do when your mood is down.
5. MyPossibleSelf: Mental Health
Use MyPossibleSelf to take care of yourself and your mental health. See may great possibilities that you will meet and probably never think of before. Because your mental health matters.
MyPossilbleSelf is a self-care app to boost your mood, clear your mind, and develop new habits.
Having a good mood is quite important to start your day. You will likely have a wonderful day when you can maintain your mood on that day. This is where the Mood Trackers on the MyPossibleSelf app be useful for you. It will record how you feel and get you to understand your moods.
When your mood is low, use visual and audio exercises to boost your mood back. You can also use the journals to write down your worries or what bothers you at the moment. Besides, read the motivational tips and messages to encourage yourself.
MyPossibleSelf wants to make sure that you know yourself better. It provides insights about your mental health which helps you know your progress.
Benefits & Features:
- Tracks your daily mood and do some fun exercises to lift up your mood.
- Tags activities, people, and places that can lift up your moods.
- The Toolkit will help analyze your behaviour and track your progress.
- Writes journal about your important moments or to clear up your mind.
- Gets motivational tips and message to make your day.
- Gets in-depth insights about your mental health.