2. Select Windows Update > Update history > Uninstall updates.
3. Choose the update that you want to remove and click Uninstall.
6. Uninstall antivirus software
In some cases, antivirus software can cause problems when you are trying to install Windows 11 updates. To fix this, you can temporarily uninstall the antivirus on your computer.
After that, perform the Windows 11 updates again and then install the antivirus software back to your computer.
Make sure that your antivirus is compatible with your Windows 11 PC.
7. Restore system files
1. Select the Search box and type cmd.
2. Right-click the Command Prompt from the list of results and click Run as administrator.
3. Type the command: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and press the Enter key.
4. You’ll see a message saying, “The restore operation completed successfully” or “The operation completed successfully”.
5. Type the command: sfc /scannow and press the Enter key.
6. Wait for the scan verification shows 100% and then quit Command Prompt.
7. Perform the Windows 11 updates again.
8. Try a Safe Mode on Windows 11
You can also perform a safe mode if the problems prevent you from booting into Windows.
Safe mode will start your computer with only the basic drivers and programs needed to start up. Then, you can remove or undo the Windows 11 updates that cause the problem.
Visit the Safe Mode Windows 11 page to learn more about it.
Windows 11 updates are important to maintain your computer in the best performance and to get the latest features.
But when things get out of hand after installing the Windows 11 updates, hopefully, the tips above can get rid of the errors.
In addition, you can prevent automatic Windows 11 updates by navigating to Start > Settings > Windows Update. Then, choose the pause length you want next to Pause updates.
For queries, don’t hesitate to contact Microsoft Support.
Read Other Windows 11 Tips:
- 10 Useful Tips to Boost Your Windows 11 Performance
- How to Switch Out of S Mode in Windows 11
- How to Change the Administrator Account in Windows 11