This guide will teach you how to uninstall apps on Windows 11 using the three basic methods and two recommended uninstaller apps.
If you no longer use certain apps or games on your Windows computer, why don’t you remove them to save some space?
Apps or games can take up a lot of space on your hard drive. Uninstalling them can be one of the best solutions if you run out of space on your hard drive. You can start with programs that you no longer use. The fewer apps you have on your computer, the better its performance.
Removing apps on Windows 11 is super easy. There are several methods that we will provide in this article. Try the one that is the easiest for you.
Check them out!
How to Uninstall Apps on Windows 11 in 5 Easy Ways
Method 1: Start menu
The first way to remove apps on Windows 11 is from the start menu. Do the following steps:
1. Click the Start menu and type the name of an app that you want to uninstall.
2. On the left pane, select the app from the results list.
3. Click Uninstall on the right pane.
4. You will be redirected to the Programs and Features window.
5. Select the app that you want to uninstall and click the Uninstall button on the top. Or, right-click the app and click Uninstall.
Method 2: Settings page
Next, you can remove apps on Windows 11 from the Settings page. Do the following steps:
1. Right-click the Start menu and select Settings.
2. On the left panel, select Apps and select Apps & features on the right panel.
3. Scroll down to find the app that you want to uninstall. Then, click the three dots next to the app and select Uninstall.
4. Click Uninstall to confirm.
The uninstallation process will start immediately. Just wait until it’s completed.
Method 3: Control Panel
This is the old method to uninstall apps on Windows 11 that most Windows users might have known; that is from Control Panel.
1. Click Search on the taskbar and type control panel in the search box. Select Control Panel in the list of results to open it.
2. Click Uninstall program under the Programs section.
3. Select the app in Windows 11 that you want to uninstall. Then, click the Uninstall button on the top.
Method 4: Revo Uninstaller
The disadvantage of using the methods above to uninstall apps on Windows 11 is that they don’t remove the files completely. Hence, use the Revo Uninstaller app to help you uninstall apps on Windows 11 thoroughly, along with the supporting files.
Revo Uninstaller has several useful features that you can rely on, such as:
- Multiple Uninstall: It allows you to remove many programs on Windows 11 at once.
- Forced Uninstall: It allows you to remove programs that cannot be uninstalled using the ordinary method.
- Advanced scanning for leftovers: It helps you remove files that are left when uninstalling apps.
- Browser Extensions: It lets you remove browser extensions that are no longer useful.
- and many more.
Revo Uninstaller is available for free with features limited to uninstall Windows apps, scanning for remaining files, 8 additional cleaning tools, and free professional technical support.
To get more advanced and complete features, use Revo Uninstaller Pro.
Method 5: IObit Uninstaller 11
Similar to Revo Uninstaller, IObit Uninstaller 11 is a reliable removal app that will help you delete apps on Windows 11, including the junk files and registry values thoroughly. So, you will be able to save more storage afterward.
Here are some benefits that IObit Uninstaller 11 offers you:
- Clean up any remaining files and folders that are left when uninstalling apps on Windows 11.
- Remove apps that are hard to uninstall.
- Remove unwanted and advertising plugins to protect your browsing activity.
- Block annoying notifications with a single click.
- Monitoring installation.
One of the best things about IObit Uninstaller 11 is its menu integration. It helps you to remove apps without opening IObit Uninstaller 11. To uninstall apps on Windows 11, you only need to right-click the app and select Uninstall.
IObit Uninstaller 11 is available for free with basic functions. To use more advanced features, you need to purchase the Pro version.
Those were the easy methods to uninstall apps on Windows 11.
Use Revo Uninstaller or IObit Uninstaller for complete apps and file removal.
If you face any issues while trying to uninstall apps, run this troubleshooter.
What apps on Windows 11 do you think we should remove? Share your thought in the comments box below.
Read Other Windows 11 Tips: